Cooking oil: 3 tsp.
Cumin seeds: 1 tsp.
Onion (chopped): 1
Garlic (chopped): 3 cloves
Tomato (chopped): 2
Green chilli (chopped): 1
Capsicum (cubed): 1 (I used green capsicum but colored bell peppers can also be replaced with)
Salt to taste
Red chilli powder: 1 tsp.
Turmeric powder: 1 tsp.
Garam masala: 1 tsp.
Coriander to garnish
- Heat oil and temper the cumin seeds. Add onion when they crackle and fry until they are pink and transparent.
- Add the garlic and fry for 30 seconds. Add the tomato and green chilli. Sprinkle salt and let cook.
- When the tomatoes are about half done, add the capsicum and mix well. Add the dry spices: red chilli powder, turmeric powder and garam masala. Mix everything well and cover. Let cook until the tomatoes are soft and the capsicum is done.
- Check the capsicum by breaking one piece with the cooking spoon and if it snaps and breaks, that means it is not yet done. If it becomes soft that means it is done.
- Turn off the flame and garnish with coriander leaves.