Cooking oil: 2 tsp.
Boiled eggs: 4 (How to make perfect hard-boiled eggs)
Spinach: 500 gm
Cumin seeds: 1 tsp.
Mustard seeds: 1/2 tsp.
Onion (chopped finely)
Ginger-garlic paste: 3 tsp.
Coconut milk: 1 cup
Tomato (finely chopped): 2
Salt to taste
Red chili powder: 1 tsp.
Garam masala: 1 tsp.
Mango powder: 1 tsp.
Black pepper: 1/2 tsp.
- Blanch the spinach and grind to a puree and keep aside.
- Heat oil and add the cumin seeds and mustard seeds and let them splutter.
- Add the chopped onion and fry until it's transparent.
- Add the ginger-garlic paste and let cook until the raw smell goes away.
- Add the coconut milk and mix well. Let cook for about 5 minutes.
- After 5 minutes, add the tomatoes and sprinkle salt. Let cook until the tomatoes are soft and mushy.
- Add the dry spices: red chili powder, mango powder and garam masala. Mix everything, cover and let cook for another 5 minutes.
- Remove the cover and add the spinach puree. Mix well. We don't need to cook more at this stage as the spinach is already cooked in the process of blanching.
- Add the boiled eggs (whole or halved) and turn off the flame. Sprinkle black pepper and serve hot!
Loved this recipe? Please do share with your friends and leave a comment/feedback in the comments section below. Don't forget to connect with me on Facebook for regular yummy updates.