Yogurt: 2 cups
Gram flour: 4 tbsp.
Salt to taste
Turmeric powder: 1 tsp.
Mango powder: 1 tsp.
Arugula leaves: a handful
Cooking oil: 3 tsp.
Mustard seeds: 1/2 tsp.
Curry leaves: a few
Dried red chilli: 1
Onion (chopped): 1
Garlic (chopped): 3 cloves
Green chilli (chopped): 1
Red chilli powder: 1/2 tsp.
Garam masala: 1/2 tsp.
- Blend the yogurt to a fine consistency either with a hand blender or in the mixer. Slowly add in the gram flour and mix very well so that there are no lumps remaining. Transfer this mixture to a deep, heavy bottomed pan.
- Add 6 cups water and again mix it well. Add in the salt, turmeric and the mango powder and give everything a good stir.
- Keep this on medium-high flame and bring it to a rolling boil. Check the consistency and add more water if required. Mix well and turn the flame to low. Chop the arugula leaves finely and mix in the kadhi. Let it cook for some more time on medium-low flame.
- Prepare the tempering in another pan. Heat the oil and splutter the mustard seeds. Add the curry leaves and dry red chilli and stir.
- After half a minute, add the onions and fry until the onions until they are transparent.
- Add the garlic and green chilli and fry for about 1-2 minutes. Add red chilli powder and garam masala and turn off the flame.
- Add this tempering mix to the boiling kadhi immediately. Mix in the kadhi and bring to another boil on high and turn off the flame. Cover for 5 minutes.
- Remove cover, devour with jeera rice !! Ting ting tinnning !!!!
Loved this recipe? Don't forget to leave a comment and/or feedback and join Brijdeep's Kitchen Facebook Page for regular recipe updates..
You might also love the recipe of Punjabi Kadhi with pakoda.
Post a Comment