Pasta of choice (I used whole wheat spaghetti): 1/2 cup
Chicken: 100 gm (cubed)
Baby spinach (washed and roughly chopped): 1 cup
Onion (chopped): 1
Olive oil: 3 tsp.
Garlic (minced or finely chopped): 3 cloves
Chili flakes: 1/4 tsp.
Oregano: 1/2 tsp.
Baby tomatoes: 6
Tomato ketchup: 2 tsp.
Vegetable stock: 1 cup
Salt to taste
Black pepper powder to taste
- Boil the pasta according to the instructions on the pack. Drain the water and keep the pasta aside.
- Heat oil in a pan and add garlic and the chicken. Fry until the chicken is almost cooked and white from both sides. Drain from the oil and keep aside.
- Heat the same oil and add the onions. Let cook until the onions start browning.
- Add the baby spinach and let cook just till the leaves start wilting. Cut baby tomatoes in half and add to the pan.
- Add salt, oregano and chili flakes. Add the vegetable stock and bring everything to a boil.
- Add the cooked chicken and give everything a stir.
- Add the boiled pasta and tomato ketchup. Mix everything well and stir nicely. Let cook for about 4-5 minutes until all flavors are mixed and it reaches the desired consistency.
- Sprinkle black pepper and turn off the flame. Serve.