Spicy yellow Thai chicken curry it is !! This is a wonderful chicken curry cooked in coconut milk to add to the flavors; and the coconut milk flavor turns out to stand out. In this chicken curry, the spices are roasted, the chicken pieces added to the masala and the chicken is simmered into the mix to vring out the flavors. The final product of curry, after mixing in the coconut milk and cooking with spices.. tastes just amazing.. !!
Chicken: 300 gm
Coriander seeds: 1/2 tsp.
Dried red chili: 1
Whole black pepper: 1/2 tsp.
Cumin seeds: 1/2 tsp.
Mustard seeds: 1/2 tsp.
Fenugreek seeds: 1/4 tsp.
Cinnamon stick: 1 inch
Ginger-garlic paste: 3 tsp.
Green chili (chopped): 1
Onions (sliced): 2
Turmeric powder: 1/2 tsp.
Curry leaves: 8-10
Salt to taste
Coconut milk: 1 cup
Cooking oil: 3 tsp.
- Wash and clean the chicken aside.
- In a pan, dry roast the whole spices: coriander seeds, dried red chili, whole black pepper, cumin seeds, mustard seeds, fenugreek seeds and cinnamon.
- Let cool. Grind to a coarse powder when cooled. Keep aside.
- Heat oil and add onions. Saute them until transparent.
- Add ginger- garlic paste and green chili. Mix well and let cook for about a minute.
- Add the chicken, mix well and let cook for about 5 minutes, while turning the chicken at regular intervals.
- Add the spice powder we prepared in step 3.
- Mix well. Add turmeric powder, curry leaves and salt. Mix and cover for 5 minutes.
- Remove cover and stir; add the coconut milk. Mix and cover for another 15 minutes.
- Remove lid and mix thoroughly. Serve hot with rice or chappati.
Post a Comment