Simple, quick and easy option for lunch/dinner which doesn't require much time and efforts: vegetable spaghetti. This is also a great option for lunch box.
Spaghetti: 100 gm
Olive oil: 3 tsp.
Garlic (chopped): 3 cloves
Onion (chopped): 1
Capsicum (finely chopped): 1
Tomato (chopped): 1
Salt to taste
Red chilli powder: 1 tsp.
Mango powder: a pinch
Black pepper powder: 1/2 tsp.
Dried oregano: 1/2 tsp.
Chili flakes: a few
Tomato ketchup: 2 tsp.
- Fill up a pot 1/2 with water, add a pinch of salt and bring it to a boil. Add the spaghetti according to the instructions on the pack and let cook until its al dente.
- Drain in a colander over the sink and keep the spaghetti aside.
- Heat oil in a pan and add the chopped garlic and fry until its brown.
- Add the onions and fry until they turn transparent.
- Add the diced capsicum and sprinkle a little salt. Mix and let cook until the capsicum is done, it should break with the ladle but still has a crunch in it.
- Add the tomato and sprinkle red chilli powder, mango powder and mix well. Let cook until the tomatoes are soft and mushy.
- Add the boiled and cooked pasta to the pan and mix well. Sprinkle little water to loosen up the pasta if required.
- Sprinkle the black pepper powder, dried oregano, chili flakes and the tomato ketchup. Give a good stir and let cook for about 2-3 minutes more. Turn off the flame and serve hot.
Loved this recipe? Please do share your feedback and leave a comment in the comments section below. Don't forget to connect with me on Facebook for regular yummy updates.
Post a Comment