This weekend I made Vegetarian Hyderabadi Qubooli Biryani, and served this delicious Mirch Ka Salan with it to make it all the more flavourful. This can be served with any pulao or rice dish, also as a side dish with any meals.. and as a curry itself with roti/paratha/naan etc.
Tomatoes (chopped): 2
Green Chilli: Washed (whole): 1
Turmeric powder: 1/2 tsp.
Red chilli powder: 1/2 tsp.
Salt to taste
Dried red chillis: 2
Garlic (chopped): 4 cloves
Tamarind paste/Tamarind concentrate: 2 tsp.
Curry leaves: a few
Coriander powder: 1/2 tsp.
Cooking oil: 3 tsp.
Onion (grated): 1
Sesame seeds (til): 1/2 tsp.
Poppy seeds: 1/2 tsp.
Peanuts: 4 tsp.
Coconut powder: 2 tsp. (I used grated coconut)
Cumin seeds: 1 tsp.
Mustard seeds: 1 tsp.
- Heat a pan at medium heat and dry roast sesame seeds, half cumin seeds, half mustard seeds, coconut powder and peanuts. Keep aside.
- Now, dry roast the grated onion and keep aside. Let cool and grind to a smooth paste along with the dry roasted spices and coconut.
- Heat oil and add the whole green chilli, fry until it turns white. Remove from oil and keep aside.
- Heat the same pan and add the remaining cumin seeds and mustard seeds.
- When they crackle, add the curry leaves, dried red chillis and poppy seeds. Fry for a minute.
- Add the chopped garlic and mix well. Add the roasted spice paste prepared earlier. Add red chilli powder and turmeric powder. Add the tamarind concentrate, mix well and let cook for 3-4 minutes. Add little water if required.
- Add tomatoes and salt and mix everything well. Add coriander powder and mix. Let cook until the tomatoes become soft and cooked completely.
- Add the fried green chilli and mix well. Cook for about 30 seconds and turn off the heat. Garnish with coriander leaves (optional) and serve with Hyderabadi Qubooli Biryani or Hyderabadi Chicken Biryani and enjoy the royal Hyderabadi Cuisine.
I love this Hyderabadi Vegetable (Mirchi) dish..it would be so spicy,I'm certain about that.Hyderabad is famous for good foods and desserts.thanks for sharing it with us.keep posting good post.ReplyDelete