Hmmm... looks delicious, isn't it? The newest chicken curry for the weekend.. I was amazed by the aroma of the spices when it was being cooked, and then I was totally mesmerized to see the wonderful, lovely coloured spicy curry... So go ahead and enjoy this Andhra style chicken curry.. !!
Chicken: 200 gm
Poppy seeds: 1 tsp.
Dried red chilli: 2
Fennel seeds: 1 tsp.
Cinnamon stick 1 inch
Black peppercorns: 1 tsp.
Cumin seeds: 1 tsp.
Turmeric powder: 1 tsp.
Mustard seeds: 1 tsp.
Curry leaves: a few
Onion (chopped): 1
Ginger (chopped): 1 inch
Garlic (chopped): 3 cloves
Coriander powder: 1 tsp.
Salt: to taste
Cooking oil: 2 tsp.
Tomato puree: 5-6 tsp.
- Wash and dry the chicken. Sprinkle turmeric powder and set aside.
- Dry roast poppy seeds, dried red chillis, fennel seeds, cloves, cinnamon, peppercorns and cumin seeds for 3-4 minutes on medium flame. Remove from heat and keep aside.
- Heat oil in a pan and add mustard seeds and curry leaves. Add chopped onions after 30 seconds. Sauté till they become transparent.
- Add ginger and garlic. Mix well and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the dried roasted spices and coriander powder. Add little salt and mix well. Let cook for another 2 minutes.
- Add the tomato puree and mix well. Let cook till the masala gets cooked and starts leaving oil on the sides.
- Add the chicken pieces and the remaining salt. Mix well, add about 1/2 cup of water and cover. Let cook for 15 minutes.
- Remove cover and serve hot. Fireworks on your plate !!
|Kodi Kura masala mix|
|Chicken being fried in the spice paste|