Boneless chicken thighs: 300 gm
Mustard oil: 6 tsp.
Cumin seeds: 1 tsp.
Spring onions: 2
Onion (sliced finely): 1 big size
Green chilli (sliced): 2
Garlic (crushed): 4 cloves
Ginger (grated): 1 inch
Chilli flakes: 1/2 tsp.
Salt to taste
Red chilli powder: 1/2 tsp.
Tomato (chopped): 1
Coriander powder: 1/4 tsp.
Mango powder: 1/4 tsp.
Soy sauce: 3 tsp.
- Heat mustard oil to the smoking point and lower the flame. Add cumin seeds so they splutter. Add the spring onions (whole) and the sliced onions too. Let them fry well until they starts browning, keep turning sides to spring onions for even cooking.
- Add the sliced green chilli and fry.
- Add the chopped chunks of chicken and increase the flame to high. Turn the chicken pieces and then add the crushed garlic. I crushed in mortal-pestle. Also add salt, ginger and chilli flakes. Mix everything well and stir again so the chicken is coated. Then leave the chicken to get fried for 3-4 minutes on one side and then 3-4 minutes on another side. By this time chicken will be charred a bit at both sides.
- Add red chilli powder and mix. Add the chopped tomato and mix well. Let fry everything for 3-4 more minutes until the tomato becomes mushy. Keep alternating between high and medium flame so as not to burn the masala and not become too watery too as this will be a fried dish, not a curry dish.
- While the tomatoes are being done, add the soy sauce, coriander powder and mango powder and mix well. Let everything cook on medium flame for 10 more minutes. Do not cover.
- Remove from flame and serve hot !!
Disclaimer: This is an original recipe of the author. The recipe and the pictures may not be copied in any form without the author's permission.