Potatoes (boiled and mashed): 4
Onion (chopped): 1
Tomato (chopped): 1
Green chilli (chopped): 1
Cooking oil: 2 tsp.
Salt to taste
Red chilli powder: 1/2 tsp.
Cumin powder: 1/2 tsp.
Coriander powder: 1/2 tsp.
Pao bhaji masala: 1 tsp.
Lemon juice: 2 tsp.
Onion (chopped): for garnish
- Heat oil and add the onions and fry well until they become transparent.
- Add the tomatoes and green chilli. Mix well and sprinkle salt. Let cook until the tomatoes are soft and mushy.
- Add the boiled and mashed potatoes. Mix everything well and sprinkle little water: 3-4 tsp. Add red chilli powder, cumin powder, coriander powder and pao bhaji masala. Mix everything well and let cook for 2 minutes.
- Add 2 cups of water and turn the heat to high. Let the bhaji cook until the water evaporates and the bhaji is in semi-liquid state, alternating between medium and high heat.
- Turn off the flame, add the lemon juice and mix well. Garnish with chopped onions and serve hot with pao bread.
Looking for more chaat recipes? Try this Dahi Vada, Mint egg salad, Papdi Chaat and Apple Walnut Salad.
Looking for more snacks recipes? Try this 3-minute microwave dhokla, 3-minute rawa dhokla, Tomato Poha, Potato Cutlets, Wheat Samosa and Wheat Kachori.