Well, I must admit that I have never been a fan of salads. But I guess this is how it's always supposed to be. Life happens, we grow up and start loving salads (okay, not really loving but begin to be attracted towards salads, developing a relationship of sorts). I had never imagined that I could be eating salad for a main course !!
But well, what's the best time for eating just salads for lunch: cooling, refreshing salads other than hot summer days. This is the healthy salad I had for lunch with a glass of spiced buttermilk and trust me, I felt full and light, both at the same time.
Boiled eggs: 2 How to make perfect hard boiled eggs
Baby carrots: a few
Round red radish: 4-5
Cucumber (sliced in rounds): 1
Mint leaves: a handful
Parsley leaves: a few for garnish
Rock salt to taste
Black pepper to taste
Lemon juice to taste
- Peel and halve the boiled eggs and place in a wide dish in which you will make the salad.
- Wash well the green lettuce and the red cabbage, chop and add to the dish.
- Peel and wash the baby carrots, remove the tops and tails (if required) and add.
- Add the cucumber and red radish. Add the mint leaves (I add whole so the whole salad has the wonderful minty flavor, but you can add chopped if required).
- Garnish with parsley leaves (or any other greens) and grate one carrot above the salad. Add salt, pepper and lemon juice. Toss and enjoy !!
Post a Comment