More instant dhokla recipes:
Microwave Dhokla (3-minute recipe)
Dhokla in Idli mold (3-minute recipe)
Rawa dhokla (3-minute recipe)
Instant khatta dhokla (3-minute recipe)
Poha (flattened rice): 2 cups
Ginger (grated): 1 inch
Yogurt (beaten): 1 cup
Sugar: 1 tsp.
Salt to taste
Coriander powder: a pinch
Eno: 2 tsp. (use baking soda + baking powder if Eno not available)
Cooking oil: 3 tsp. + little oil for greasing
Mustard seeds: 1 tsp.
Asafoetida: a pinch
Coriander leaves for garnish
- Add the poha, beaten yogurt, grated ginger, sugar, coriander powder and salt to a wide bowl.
- Mix well and add the water required to make a fine batter. The batter should neither be too thick nor be thin. Leave for 20 minutes and do whatever you like :)
- After 20 minutes come back and check the batter consistency. It would be little thick because the poha absorbs water. So add more water so the batter is again at the right consistency.
- Now add the eno and mix gently.
- Grease a microwave safe bowl with little oil and immediately add the batter to the bowl. Cover and microwave on highest power for 3-minutes. (Power description: If your microwave has 750W maximum power, then microwave for 3 minutes, for 700W, microwave for 4 minutes, for 1000W, microwave for 2 minutes).
- After 3 minutes, remove cover and let cool for 2 minutes. Then reverse the bowl and remove the dhokla on a dish.
- Heat oil in a shallow pan and crackle the mustard seeds on medium flame. Add the asafoetida and turn off the flame.
- Pour this mixture over the dhokla. Cut in desired shapes and garnish with fresh coriander. Serve with spicy mint-coriander chutney. Recipe: Mint-coriander chutney recipe.
Loved this recipe? Please leave a comment and/or your feedback in the comments section below as it really motivates me. Don't forget to join me on my Facebook Page for regular recipe updates.