"Because not all the posts need to have stories... So here we go direct to the recipe.."
Paneer: 250 gm
Butter: 3 tsp.
Bay leaf: 1
Black peppercorns: 1/2 tsp.
Onion (chopped): 1 large
Tomato (chopped): 2
Salt to taste
Cashews: 1 handful
Cumin powder: 1 tsp.
Coriander powder: 1 tsp.
Red chili powder: 1 tsp.
Green chillis (slit): 2
Sugar: 1 tsp.
Garam masala: 1 tsp.
Kasoori methi: 1 tsp.
Coriander leaves to garnish
- Soak the cashews in warm water and keep aside.
- Heat the butter on medium flame in a deep- bottomed pan and add the bay leaf and peppercorns.
- When they crackle a bit, add the onions and fry until they are turning transparent. Don't let the onions brown.
- Add the chopped tomatoes and sprinkle salt. Mix well and cook until the tomatoes are completely soft and mushy.
- Grind the cashews to a coarse paste in a mortal-pestle and add the cashew paste. Mix well.
- Add the cumin powder, coriander powder and red chilli powder. Add the slit green chillis and mix everything well. Cook for a minute.
- Add a cup of warm water and mix well. Cover and let cook for about 10 minutes so the whole masala gets incorporated with the curry.
- Open the lid and add the paneer cubes. Add the sugar and mix well.
- Add the garam masala and kasoori methi and turn off the flame. Give everything a good stir and cover. Let sit for about 10 minutes so all the flavor gets incorporated in the paneer cubes.
- Open and garnish with fresh coriander. Serve hot with chappati or rice.
Loved this recipe? Stay connected with me on Facebook and share with your friends. Enjoy !!
i tried this receipe and it turn out to be very good...thanks for sharing this amazing receipe.ReplyDelete
thanks a lot Ami.. glad you liked it :)Delete