Chicken: 300 gm (boneless)
Cooking oil: 3 tsp.
Ginger-garlic (crushed): 3 tsp.
White peppercorns: 1 tsp.
Sesame seeds: 1/2 tsp.
Cinnamon stick: 1 inch
Onion (sliced): 1
Salt to taste
Coriander (chopped): a handful and a little extra for garnish
Red chilli powder: 1 tsp.
Green chili (chopped): 1
Yogurt: 1/2 cup
Desiccated coconut: 4 tbsp.
Garam masala: 1 tsp.
- Heat oil on medium flame and add the whole spices: peppercorns, sesame seeds and cinnamon.
- Add crushed ginger and garlic and fry until the raw smell goes away.
- Add the onions and fry until they are transparent but not browning. Add the chicken and sprinkle a little salt to taste.
- Add the chopped coriander, mix and cover. Let cook for about 10 minutes.
- Remove cover and add red chili powder, green chili and mix well.
- Add the yogurt and coconut. Mix everything well and let open cook on medium flame for another 10 minutes.
- Add the garam masala and turn off the flame.
- Mix well, garnish with fresh coriander leaves and serve.