Palak Paneer is one of the most common recipe in Punjabi households and it's also served in parties and to our guests. I just love the cottage cheese cubes dunked in a this green curry with the rich, awesome taste without the use of any heavy ingredients like cashews, milk, yogurt, cream etc. This is the perfect recipe of my dad who is an amazing cook and prepares the brightest of green curry in palak paneer.
Other paneer recipes from the blog:
Achaari Paneer Masala
Spinach leaves: 3 cups
Cottage cheese: 1 cup
Cooking oil: 2 tsp.
Cumin seeds: 1 tsp.
Onion (diced): 1 big
Ginger (chopped): 1 inch
Garlic (chopped): 4 cloves
Green chilli (choped): 1
Tomato (chopped): 1 big
Salt to taste
Red chili powder: 1 tsp.
Garam masala: 1/2 tsp.
- Blanch the spinach and grind to a puree and keep aside. Blanching process: boil water in a pot and add the washed and cleaned spinach leaves and after a minute, remove the leaves and add to the ice cold water. Drain the water and grind.
- Grind the onion and garlic to a smooth paste and keep aside. Similarly, grind the ginger, green chili and the tomato to a smooth paste and keep aside.
- Heat the oil on medium flame and crackle the cumin seeds. Add the onion paste and begin to fry. Keep stirring and frying until the onion paste starts getting brown and cooked.
- Add the second paste: paste of ginger, green chilli and tomato. Mix well and add salt and red chili and fry. Keep stirring regularly so the masala does not stick to the base.
- When the masala starts turning little darker in shade and starts to leave oil at the sides, then the masala is done.
- Add the garam masala and give a stir. Add the cubed cottage cheese at this stage and mix everything well. Add little water to the curry if required. Cover and let cook for 5 minutes.
- Remove cover and cook for another 2-3 minutes.
- Add the spinach puree and mix well. Turn off the flame. DO NOT COVER. Never cover it even when reheating, it will lose its beautiful green color in the steam.
- Serve hot with chappati, laccha paratha or even Jeera rice. Enjoy !!
Loved this recipe? Please do leave your comment/feedback in the comments section and don't forget to connect with me on my Facebook Page.
This looks delicious!! Lovely photos.ReplyDelete
Sarees Online | buy sarees online | best sarees online | buy sarees online from india | silk sarees online | saree wholesale | wedding sarees online | salwar kameez online | sarees online shopping | buy indian sarees online | saree manufacturers | cotton sarees online | salwar kameez wholesale | designer sarees online | bridal sarees | designer salwar kameez | dress materials online | pattu sarees online | kurtis online | indian women clothing online
industrial hearing protection