Dhokla recipes have always been a hit on my blog and the Instant Microwave Dhokla is the most viewed recipe as well. I have tried many versions of instant dhokla for tea time snacks because I'm always looking for easy snacks recipes. I have tried Dhokla in idli stand, Instant khatta dhokla, Instant Methi dhokla, Instant Poha dhokla, Instant rawa dhokla and Instant Beetroot dhokla.
This is another instant dhokla recipe which is very light and quick to make. It turns out super awesome and I have tried it a lot of times and finally found the time to post it.
Rice flour: 2 cups
Semolina: 1 cup
Yogurt: 1/2 cup
Sugar: 2 tsp.
Salt to taste
Cooking oil: 2 tsp. + for greasing dhokla mold
Lemon juice: 3 tsp.
Asafoetida: a pinch
Eno (fruit salt): 1 tsp.
Red chilli powder: 1 tsp.
Mustard seeds: 1 tsp.
Desiccated coconut to garnish
Chopped coriander leaves to garnish
- Mix rice flour, semolina, salt and sugar in a wide bowl.
- Add in the yogurt and make a batter by adding enough water. Add 1 tsp. oil and mix well.
- Add asafoetida and lemon juice and mix well. Leave for about 20 minutes.
- After 20 minutes, mix it well again. Add little more water if the batter feels dry. It should be like idli batter: not too thick and not too flowing and watery.
- Add the Eno and sprinkle little water. Bubbles would start to form. Lightly mix in the eno with the batter and pour the complete mix in a greased microwave safe mold.
- Cover and microwave it at high power for 3 minutes.
- Remove and let cool for about 5 minutes and then remove from the mold and transfer to the serving plate or tray. Cut in desired shape.
- Sprinkle red chilli powder.
- Heat the remaining 1 tsp. oil and crackle the mustard seeds. When they crackle, add 2 tsp. water and turn off the flame. Pour this mix over the dhokla.
- Garnish with desiccated coconut and freshly chopped coriander leaves. Serve with Mint-coriander chutney and hot tea! Enjoy!
Loved this recipe? Please leave your comment/feedback in the comment section below.
Don't forget to connect with me on Facebook for yummy updates.