Dhokla recipes have always been a hit on my blog and the Instant Microwave Dhokla is the most viewed recipe as well. I have tried many versions of instant dhokla for tea time snacks because I'm always looking for easy snacks recipes. I have tried Dhokla in idli stand, Instant khatta dhokla, Instant Methi dhokla, Instant Poha dhokla, Instant rawa dhokla and Instant Beetroot dhokla.
This is another instant dhokla recipe which is very light and quick to make. It turns out super awesome and I have tried it a lot of times and finally found the time to post it.
Rice flour: 2 cups
Semolina: 1 cup
Yogurt: 1/2 cup
Sugar: 2 tsp.
Salt to taste
Cooking oil: 2 tsp. + for greasing dhokla mold
Lemon juice: 3 tsp.
Asafoetida: a pinch
Eno (fruit salt): 1 tsp.
Red chilli powder: 1 tsp.
Mustard seeds: 1 tsp.
Desiccated coconut to garnish
Chopped coriander leaves to garnish
- Mix rice flour, semolina, salt and sugar in a wide bowl.
- Add in the yogurt and make a batter by adding enough water. Add 1 tsp. oil and mix well.
- Add asafoetida and lemon juice and mix well. Leave for about 20 minutes.
- After 20 minutes, mix it well again. Add little more water if the batter feels dry. It should be like idli batter: not too thick and not too flowing and watery.
- Add the Eno and sprinkle little water. Bubbles would start to form. Lightly mix in the eno with the batter and pour the complete mix in a greased microwave safe mold.
- Cover and microwave it at high power for 3 minutes.
- Remove and let cool for about 5 minutes and then remove from the mold and transfer to the serving plate or tray. Cut in desired shape.
- Sprinkle red chilli powder.
- Heat the remaining 1 tsp. oil and crackle the mustard seeds. When they crackle, add 2 tsp. water and turn off the flame. Pour this mix over the dhokla.
- Garnish with desiccated coconut and freshly chopped coriander leaves. Serve with Mint-coriander chutney and hot tea! Enjoy!
Loved this recipe? Please leave your comment/feedback in the comment section below.
Don't forget to connect with me on Facebook for yummy updates.
I tried this recipe, I steamed dhokla for 12 mins and they didnt taste cooked. So, how much more should we steam it?ReplyDelete
I tried this reciepie and came out really well.ReplyDelete
Good article, it is very helpful for us. If you have any type of pain you can purchase tramadol online which is the best online pharmacy in usa. It is secure and safe site. Gain all types of Tramadol tablet at your doorstep.Visit: Tramadol COD OvernightReplyDelete
A debt of gratitude is in order for you have imparted best blog to us. It is useful for skin however at times home cures not useful for wellbeing. By then you need to worry with great wellbeing and drug store site pursue:Gabapentin Cash on deliveryReplyDelete
Super Excellent Blog and thank you for sharing with us….Get Pain Relief Medicine online from Best Pharmacy Shop which is Best Online Pharmacy in USA. Online pharmacies give you multiple options for payment. You can pay by credit card, direct bank account, various money transfer apps, cash on delivery, etc. Some online pharmacies offer cashback offer when you buy HIV meds online.ReplyDelete
I have bookmarked your blog, the articles are way better than other similar blogs.. thanks for a great blog! Best Zojirushi Rice Cooker 2021ReplyDelete
excelent Reviews For Cooking See More Cooking Items the best rice cooker"ReplyDelete
Excellent way of cooking this recipe. Thanks For SharingReplyDelete
Buy Gabapentin Online