There are so many types of chicken I have been preparing in the past year but this one is special. It is because today I have prepared this royal dish for a royal gem of a person, a queen in my eyes who has inspired me and my life in many different ways. Even though we have never met physically, but meeting her in a virtual world of social networking has had a great impact on me.
Shalini Ramachandran, on the ocassion of your birthday I present you this heavenly "Shahjahani Chicken".. you deserve this throne of royalty and even though it is impossible to parcel this to where you are, miles away.. but I promise to prepare this for you the day we (hopefully) meet.
To you Shalini !!! Happy Birthday !!!
Chicken: 250 gm
Ginger (chopped): 1 inch
Garlic (chopped): 3 cloves
Almonds: a few
Cashew nuts: a few
Salt to taste
Red chilli powder: 1/2 tsp.
Green Cardamom: 2
Black cardamom: 1
Cinnamon stick: 1 inch
Cooking oil: 4 tsp.
Bay leaf: 1
Onion (chopped): 1
Cumin powder: 1/2 tsp.
Coriander powder: 1/2 tsp.
Turmeric powder: 1/2 tsp.
Yogurt: 1/2 cup
Cream: 3 tsp.
Garam masala: 1 tsp.
- Sprinkle salt and red chilli on the washed and cleaned chicken and keep aside.
- Grind the ginger, garlic, cashews and almonds in a grinder to a fine paste and keep aside.
- Crush together the dry spices: cloves, green cardamom, black cardamom and cinnamon in a mortal-pestle and keep aside.
- Heat oil in a pan and partially fry the chicken on both sides for about 5 minutes and keep aside.
- Heat the same pan and add the bay leaf and crushed spice powder made in step 3. Add the chopped onions and fry until they turn transparent.
- Add the paste prepared in step 2 and mix well. Add the dry spices: red chilli powder, turmeric powder, cumin powder and coriander powder. Mix well and add the yogurt and stir.
- Add the chicken and little water. Cover and let cook for about 10 minutes.
- Remove cover and add the cream and sprinkle garam masala. Mix everything well and turn off the flame after 3-4 minutes.
- Cover again and let sit for about 15 minutes. Open and serve hot !!
Recipe inspired from: http://www.fabfriday.com/2014/05/shahjahani-chicken.html
Thanks to shared your healthy blog with usReplyDelete
Great Article! Thanks for sharing this types of article is very helpful for us! If you have any type of pain like chronic pain, back pain etc. visit here: Best Pharmacy MarketReplyDelete
It is interesting to read your blog post and I am going to share it with my friendsReplyDelete
Very important. Great site. Nice article. Very useful, thanksReplyDelete
Buy Fildena 100mg onlineReplyDelete
Fildena Super ActiveReplyDelete
Very Nice Blog!!! Thanks for Sharing Awesome Blog!! You can order Prescription medicines here.ReplyDelete
Buy Tramadol 100mg Online, Buy Tramadol 50mg Online, Buy Tapentadol 100mg Online, Buy Soma 500mg Online, Buy Soma 300mg Online
Great Article! Thanks for sharing this type of article is very helpful for us! Buy Medicine Online USA for sale.ReplyDelete
Buy prescription medicine Online Buy Clonazepam online , buy Soma 350mg online, order Tapentadol online , Tradamol 50mg