Chicken: 200 gm
Cinnamon stick: 1 inch
Black peppercorns: 6-7
Cumin seeds: 1/2 tsp.
Coriander seeds: 1/2 tsp.
Ginger (chopped): 1 inch
Garlic (chopped): 4 cloves
Spring onions (chopped): 2
Coriander leaves: 10-15
Green chilli (chopped): 1
Lemon juice: 2 tsp.
Sugar: 1/2 tsp.
Cooking oil: 2 tsp.
Onion (sliced): 2
Salt (To taste)
Turmeric powder: 1/2 tsp.
- Dry roast the cinnamon, cloves, peppercorns, cumin seeds and coriander seeds on medium heat. Cool and transfer to a grinder.
- Add the ginger, garlic and coriander leaves to the grinder.
- Dry roast the green chillis in a pan and transfer to the grinder.
- Add the lemon juice and sugar, add little water if required and grind all of this to a smooth paste. This is cafreal masala. Marinate the chicken in this paste for about 30 minutes.
- Heat oil in a pan and fry the sliced onions until crispy and golden brown. Drain oil and remove from the pan on a kitchen paper. Keep aside.
- In the same oil, add the marinated chicken on medium flame. Mix well, add some water if necessary. Add salt and turmeric powder and mix well.
- Cover and let cook for 15 minutes.
- Remove cover and mix well. After 2 minutes, add the fried onions. Mix and garnish with fresh coriander leaves and a dollop of butter. Serve hot.