Chicken: 200 gm
Onion (crushed in mortal-pestle)
Garlic (crushed in mortal-pestle)
Ginger (crushed in mortal-pestle)
Green chilli (chopped): 1
Tomato (chopped): 1
Mustard seeds: 1/2 tsp.
Onion seeds: 1/4 tsp.
Black peppercorns: 1/2 tsp.
Fenugreek seeds: 1/4 tsp.
Sesame seeds: 1/2 tsp.
Cooking oil: 3 tsp.
Salt to taste
Red chilli powder: 1/2 tsp.
Turmeric: 1/2 tsp.
Garam masala: 1/2 tsp.
Kasoori methi: 1/2 tsp.
Lemon juice: 1 tsp.
Yoghurt: 1/2 cup
- Heat oil and crackle the whole spices: mustard seeds, onion seeds, peppercorns, fenugreek and sesame seeds.
- Add the crushed garlic and fry until it starts becoming brown. Add the crushed onion and fry until it turns transparent.
- Add the crushed ginger, tomato and green chilli and sprinkle salt. Let cook until the tomatoes become soft and mushy.
- Add red chilli, turmeric, garam masala, kasoori methi and lemon juice and stir well. Let cook for another minute and add the chicken pieces. Mix well and fry in the chicken with the masala for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the yoghurt and mix well. Add a cup of water and mix, cover and let cook on medium flame for 15 minutes. Remove cover and cook for another 2-3 minutes. Turn off the heat and serve hot..