Fish: 200 gm (I use salmon fish)
Oil from pickle or Mustard oil: 3 tsp.
Dried red chilli: 1
Fennel seeds: 1/2 tsp.
Coriander seeds: 1/2 tsp.
Mustard seeds: 1/2 tsp.
Fenugreek seeds: 1/2 tsp.
Bay leaf: 1
Garlic : 4 cloves (grated)
Ginger: 1 inch (chopped)
Onion (chopped): 1
Tomato (chopped): 1
Green chilli (chopped): 1
Salt to taste
Red chilli powder: 1/2 tsp.
Turmeric powder: 1/2 tsp.
Garam masala: 1/2 tsp.
Yoghurt: 2 tsp.
- Add the dried red chilli, fennel seeds, coriander seeds, mustard seeds, fenugreek seeds, cloves and bay leaf in a grinder and grind to a coarse powder.
- Mix with the grated garlic and marinate the fish in this mix for 15 minutes.
- Heat pickle oil/mustard oil and add the marinated fish. Fry for about 2 minutes on medium flame and remove and keep aside.
- Heat the same oil again and add grated ginger. Fry and add the onions, fry until the onions start turning brown.
- Add the tomatoes and green chilli, sprinkle salt and let cook until the tomatoes are soft and mushy.
- Add red chilli, turmeric and garam masala and mix well. Add the yoghurt and mix well. After a minute add a cup of water and cover, let cook for 10 minutes.
- Remove cover and add the fried fish. Mix well and serve hot with rice !!