Rice (boiled): 3 cups
Cooking oil: 2 tsp.
Cumin seeds: 1 tsp.
Black cardamom: 1
Bay leaf: 1
Cinnamon: 1 inch
Onion (chopped): 1
Ginger-garlic paste: 2 tsp.
Green chilli (chopped): 1
Salt to taste
Red chilli powder: 1/2 tsp.
Garam masala: 1/2 tsp.
Peas: 1/2 cup
Mint leaves: a few
- Separate the broccoli florets and boil them in warm water. Drain the water and keep the broccli aside.
- Heat oil in a pan and add the whole spices: cumin, black cardamom, bay leaf, cinnamon and cloves. Let them splutter.
- Add the chopped onion and fry until they are transparent. Then add the ginger-garlic paste and fry until the raw smell goes away.
- Add green chilli and broccoli and mix everything well. Let the broccoli cook for about 10 minutes until it is soft and tender.
- Add peas and mint leaves. Add salt, red chilli and garam masala and mix everything well. Cook on medium flame until the peas are done.
- Add the boiled rice and mix everything well. Turn off the flame after 2 minutes and serve hot !!
I served this pulao with Murgh Dahi Masala.