Boiled Eggs: 4
Dessicated coconut: 3 tsp.
Tamarind: 1 tsp.
Turmeric powder: 1/2 tsp.
Garlic: 5 cloves, chopped
Whole red chilli: 1
Cooking oil: 3 tsp.
Onion (chopped): 1
Tomato (chopped): 1
Salt to taste
Coriander powder: 1/2 tsp.
Cumin powder: 1/2 tsp.
- Make a paste of coconut, tamarind, turmeric powder, 3 cloves garlic and the whole red chilli in a mixer and keep aside.
- Peel the boiled eggs and make small cuts on the eggs and keep them aside.
- Heat oil and add chopped onions and fry until they become transparent. Add the remaining garlic and mix and fry for about a minute.
- Add the chopped tomato and salt. Let cook until the tomatoes are soft and mushy. Add coriander and cumin powder and mix well. Let cook for a minute.
- Add the ground paste and mix well, let cook for another minute. Add a cup of water and cover. Let cook on medium flame for 10 minutes.
- Remove cover and add the boiled and peeled eggs. Mix well and cook for another 2 minutes. Turn off the flame and cover for another 10 minutes. Remove cover and serve hot.