Fish: 200 gm (I used Salmon Fish)
Coconut oil: 2 tsp.
Cumin seeds: 1 tsp.
Ginger-garlic paste: 2 tsp.
Salt to taste
Garam masala: 1 tsp.
Mustard oil: 2 tsp.
Fennel seeds: 1/2 tsp.
Fenugreek seeds: 1/2 tsp.
Onion (chopped): 1
Garlic (chopped): 3 cloves
Tomato (chopped): 1
Green chilli (chopped): 1
Red chilli powder: 1/2 tsp.
Coriander powder: 1/2 tsp.
Yoghurt: 4 tsp.
- Heat coconut oil in a pan and add cumin seeds. When they splutter, carefully place all the fish pieces one by one in the pan on medium flame.
- Add the ginger-garlic paste, salt and garam masala. Mix well and let the fish fry for 2-3 minutes and remove from flame and keep aside.
- Heat the mustard oil and add fennel seeds and fenugreek seeds. When they splutter, add the chopped onion and fry until it becomes transparent.
- Add the garlic and stir well. After a minute add the tomatoes and sprinkle a little salt. Mix well and cook until the tomatoes are soft and mushy.
- Add the green chilli, red chilli powder, coriander powder and mix well. Add the yoghurt and mix again, let cook for 5 minutes on medium flame.
- Add a little water and mix well, bring to a boil. When the curry is reduced to your liking, add the fish along with the fried ginger-garlic. Mix everything well and cook for a minute.
- Turn off the flame and cover for 10 minutes. Remove cover and serve hot with plain or jeera rice.