Chicken: 200 gm
Rice: 2 cups
Green chilli (chopped): 1
Yoghurt: 1/2 cup
Lemon juice: 2 tsp.
Salt to taste
Turmeric powder: 1/2 tsp.
Mint+Coriander leaves: a handful (or more if desired)
Tomato (chopped): 1
Red chilli powder: 1/2 tsp.
Garam masala: 1/2 tsp.
Star Anise: 1
Cinnamon stick: 1 inch
Bay leaf: 1
Ginger-garlic paste: 2 tsp.
Onion (chopped): 1
Cooking oil: 2 tsp.
- Wash the chicken and marinate with yoghurt, lemon juice, salt and turmeric powder and set aside for 30 minutes.
- Boil rice as you normally do. To see how I boil rice, see here: How to make perfectly boiled rice.
- Heat oil and add cinnamon, cloves, bay leaf and star anise. Add onions and sauté until they become transparent.
- Add ginger-garlic paste and mix well. After about 30 seconds, add mint coriander leaves, green chilli and red chilli powder. Mix well and let cook for about 2 minutes.
- Add the tomato and salt, cook until the tomatoes are soft and mushy. Add garam masala and mix well.
- Add the chicken along with the marinade. Mix well and cover for 15 minutes. Remove cover and mix in the rice well. Cover again, leave for 5 minutes on minimum heat.
- Turn off the heat, remove cover, mix and serve hot.