Onion (chopped): 1
Tomato (chopped): 2
A handful peanuts
Sesame seeds: 1/2 tsp.
Poppy seeds: 1 tsp.
Fenugreek seeds: 1/2 tsp.
Red chilli powder: 1 tsp.
Turmeric powder: 1 tsp.
Tamarind extract: 1 tsp.
Curry leaves: a few
Salt to taste
Cooking oil: 2 tsp.
- Add the onion, peanuts, sesame, poppy seeds, fenugreek seeds, red chilli powder and turmeric powder in a mixer and blend to a smooth paste. Keep aside.
- Chop the tomatoes in big chunks (cut each tomato into 4).
- Heat oil and add the tomatoes. Fry until they shrink a bit, do not let them soft. Drain oil and take out in a bowl. Keep aside.
- Heat the oil again and add the ground paste. Add tamarind extract and let cook for 5-7 minutes until the masala is cooked and there is no raw odour.
- Add salt and mix well. Add 1/2 cup water and let cook until the gravy becomes thick.
- Add the fried tomatoes to the gravy and toss gently. Let cook for 2 minutes, add the curry leaves and cover. Turn off the flame.
- Remove lid after 10 minutes and serve hot.
Post a Comment