Chicken: 200 gm
Sesame seeds: 1 tsp.
Poppy seeds: 1 tsp.
Dessicated coconut: 2 tsp.
Onion (chopped): 1
Cooking oil: 2 tsp.
Cinnamon: 1 inch
Green cardamom: 2
Black cardamom: 1
Bay leaf: 1
Salt to taste
Ginger-garlic paste: 2 tsp.
White pepper (crushed): 1/2 tsp.
Tomato (chopped): 1
- Boil together sesame seeds and poppy seeds in MV for a minute. Drain water, let cool and grind to a paste with coconut. Keep aside.
- Boil onion in MV for 1 minute. Drain water, let cool, grind it to a smooth paste and keep aside.
- Heat oil in a pan and add all the dry spices: cinnamon, green cardamom, black cardamom, cloves, mace, bay leaf. Sauté for a while.
- Add boiled onion paste. Cook and stir until the onion paste is cooked and starts getting brown.
- Add ginger-garlic paste and let cook for another minute. Add the sesame-poppy-coconut paste and mix well. Let cook for another minute.
- Add tomato and let cook until the tomatoes are soft and mushy. Add chicken and salt and mix. Add a cup of water an d mix. Cover and let cook for 15 minutes.
- Remove cover, sprinkle white pepper and mix well. Turn off the heat after 2 minutes. Mix well and serve hot.
Post a Comment