Achaari Egg curry
Punjabi egg curry
Fried egg curry
Roasted egg pulusu
Rustic egg curry (Dhaba style)
Coriander leaves: a bunch + some for garnish
Mint leaves: 1/2 cup
Cooking oil: 2 tsp.
Mustard seeds: 1/2 tsp.
Fennel seeds: 1/2 tsp.
Onion (chopped): 1
Garlic (grated): 3 cloves
Ginger (grated): 1 inch
Green chilli (chopped): 1
Tomato (chopped): 1
Salt to taste
Red chilli powder: 1/2 tsp.
Coriander powder: 1/2 tsp.
Mango powder: 1/4 tsp.
- Boil the eggs in sufficient water, peel and make little slashes in them and keep aside. To know how to boil the eggs, see here: How to make perfect hard-boiled eggs.
- Make a paste of mint leaves, coriander leaves and green chilli using a little water in the grinder. Keep aside.
- Heat oil in a pan and crackle mustard seeds and add fennel seeds. Add the chopped onion and fry until the onions are transparent.
- Add the grated ginger and garlic and mix well. Ready ginger-garlic paste can also be used here. Let cook for about a minute.
- Add the chopped tomatoes and mix well. Add little salt and let cook until the tomatoes are soft and mushy. Add the red chilli powder, coriander powder and mango powder and mix well. Cook for another minute.
- Add the ground mint-coriander paste and mix well. Add half a cup water after about a minute and let cook on medium flame for 5-6 minutes until the gravy is thick to your liking.
- Add the eggs and give a good toss. Turn off the flame and garnish with coriander leaves. Cover for 10 minutes.
- Remove cover and serve hot !!
Don't forget to join my Facebook Page for regular recipe updates.