Cooking oil: 2 tsp.
Mustard seeds: 1 tsp.
Onions (sliced): 1
Ginger-garlic paste: 3 tsp.
Green chill (chopped): 1
Curry leaves: a few
Tomato (chopped): 1
Salt to taste
Sambhar powder: a pinch
Garam masala: 1/2 tsp.
Coconut milk: 1/2 cup
Coriander leaves (to garnish)
- Boil eggs in water with a little salt. To see how I boil eggs, check here: How to make perfect hard-boiled eggs. Peel and make slits on the eggs, keep aside.
- Heat oil in a pan and add mustard seeds. When they crackle, add the onions and sauté until the onions are transparent.
- Add ginger-garlic paste and let cook for a minute. Add the green chilli and curry leaves, mix well and cook for another minute.
- Add tomatoes and mix. Add salt and cook until the tomatoes are soft and mushy. Add sambhar powder and garam masala. Mix well and add coconut milk. Let cook for another 2 minutes.
- Add the eggs and mix well, cook for a minute and turn off the flame. Garnish with coriander leaves and cover. Let it sit covered for 10 minutes to let the flavours blend in.
- Remove cover and serve hot !!