Spinach is not really a favorite but ever since I discovered a way to include greens in my diet with this wonderful spinach raita, I haven't been able to stop myself from having spinach raita at least once a week. This is one healthy, quick and amazing tasting cooling raita which is sure to become your next love with yogurt.
Spinach: 250 gm
Garlic (chopped): 2 cloves
Asafoetida: a pinch
Beaten yogurt: a cup
Cumin seeds: 1/2 tsp.
Green chilli (chopped): 1
Salt to taste
Red chilli powder: 1/2 tsp.
Cooking oil: 1 tsp.
- Wash and clean the spinach leaves and chop finely. Keep aside.
- Heat oil in a shallow pan and crackle the cumin seeds and add asafoetida.
- Add the chopped garlic and green chilli and let them fry over medium flame until the garlic begins to brown a bit and the green chilli begins to cook.
- Add the chopped spinach and mix. Leave for a while and let cook on low flame until the spinach begins to wilt and turn off the flame. Don't let it blacken so it should not be overcooked. Let cool completely.
- Add the yogurt to the mixer and add salt and red chilli powder. Add the cooled spinach and grind to a smooth consistency.
- Add little water and take out in a bowl. Serve cold.
Loved this recipe? Don't forget to connect with me on my Facebook Page for regular recipe updates.
Looking for more yogurt recipes? You might want to try this Dahi Vada recipe, Beetroot Raita, Garlic Raita and Mint onion raita recipe.