Strawberry Kaju Katli... Sure a lot of us have loved Kaju Katli as a sweet, and gorged on it like crazy. I was one of those kids. But every tried strawberry flavoured one? Me neither. Found this wonderful recipe and I had made Strawberry Jam a while ago, I wanted to make this. As it struck me immediately even though we are not a big fan of sweets, still I decided to go with preparing this delicious sweet.
When I read this recipe, I was not sure what this is going to become. But it came out absolutely delicious !! I used Strawberry Jam in this recipe.
Strawberry Jam: 1/2 cup (or use hulled strawberries made into puree with sugar)
Cashew powder: 1 cup
Silver foil (optional) I did not use in this recipe
Ghee as required.
- Grease a plate and a rolling pin. Keep aside.
- Heat the strawberry jam in the pan for 4-5 minutes until it starts becoming thicker. You could also use strawberry puree with sugar if you don't have jam.
- Add the powdered cashews to the pan and mix well. Save a bit of the powdered cashews if not using silver foil. Let cook till it completely gets absorbed and forms a dough like paste.
- Turn off the heat and transfer to the greased plate. Spread it completely on the plate with the bottom of a small, greased bowl (katori). Then flatten it with the help of the greased rolling pin.
- Add the silver foil on the top. If not using silver foil, sprinkle the remaining cashew powder over the mixture. Keep in the refrigerator.
- After an hour, take out and cut into rhombus shapes with the help of a knife. Remove pieces carefully and store in fridge. This keeps good for days together.
Recipe originally adapted from : http://shitals-kitchen.blogspot.com/2013/09/strawberry-kaju-katli.html