5 months, and trying various varieties of Chicken every weekend.. So just as I keep looking for new recipes for chicken on the go regularly, I also try and keep experimenting with various ingredients to create new recipes. So just like I invented Butter Chicken with a twist and Grilled chicken Jalfrezi; this one is another experiment I did over the weekend; and wow, it came out so wonderful, so rich and creamy and so yum it was finger-licking good... So another successful experiment! Yay !
Chicken: 250 gm
Cooking oil: 2 tsp.
Star anise: 1
Coriander seeds: 1/2 tsp.
Green cardamom: 2
Cinnamon stick: 1 inch
Green chilli: 1
A few cashew nuts
Garlic (chopped): 3 cloves
Ginger: 1 inch
Yogurt: 1/2 cup
Cream: 1/2 cup
Mint leaves to garnish
Salt to taste
Garam masala: 1/2 tsp.
- Grind the onion to a smooth paste and keep aside.
- Heat oil on medium flame and add the cardamom seeds, coriander seeds, star anise and cinnamon. Let fry for a while and add the onion paste. Let it fry until it starts getting brown.
- Add the garlic and fry. In a blender, add the tomatoes, green chilli, ginger and cashews. Grind to a smooth paste and add to the pan. Let cook this masala until it starts leaving oil on the sides.
- Add the yogurt and garam masala. Mix well and let cook for about 2 minutes.
- Add the chicken and the salt. Mix and cover. Let cook for about 15 minutes.
- Remove cover and open cook for 3-4 minutes. Add the cream and mix well. Cook for another 3-4 minutes.
- Garnish with mint leaves and serve.